Available for a suggested donation of $19.00.
[F]rom the beginning of the Constitutional era, Christian historians have promoted the myth of the Christian origin of the Constitution. Philip Schaff, the most prominent American evangelical Church historian of the late nineteenth century, summarized this view…: “We may go further and say that the Constitution not only contains nothing which is irreligious or unchristian, but is Christian in substance, though not in form. It is pervaded by the spirit of justice and humanity, which are Christian….”1
A Constitutional Love Affair
Why do Americans, particularly Christians,2 have such a love affair with the United States Constitution? Is it because we have been told repeatedly that it is one of the most important documents ever written by man? Because it was based upon Biblical principles and is a great Christian document? Or because the victors in the culture war wrote our history the way they wanted us to perceive it?
Most Americans believe what they have been taught about the founding of our government and are content to leave it at that.
The first one to plead his cause seems right, until his neighbor comes and examines him. (Proverbs 18:17, NKJV)3
Most Christians are thrilled to think our nation’s founding document was written by Christians and inspired by the Bible, and they don’t want to be told otherwise.
The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going. (Proverbs 14:15)
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thessalonians 5:21)
With this book, I hope to motivate you to think about the Constitution, a document few Americans have read and to which fewer still have given any serious thought, especially from a Biblical paradigm. More importantly, I hope to inspire you to study Yahweh’s4 law and esteem it as did the Psalmist, who declared his love for the law seven times in Psalm 119. I also hope to create a vision for His kingdom here on earth as it is in heaven.
Christians have a responsibility to uphold Biblical principles in every aspect of life – including government. We will never achieve a nation that honors Yahweh by promoting the Constitution. Why? The Constitution is not the Biblically compatible document we have been told it is. It actually conflicts with Christianity and is hostile to both Yahweh’s sovereignty and morality.
How I can say this, especially when so many sources appear to authenticate the Constitution as a document created by Christian men? Is the Constitution Biblically compatible? Have you ever studied its contents and compared them to that of the Scriptures? I have, and I was astounded by what I found. How can a document be Biblical that promotes the will of the people over Yahweh’s will for his people? How can such a document be the answer to America’s current national crises?
The Key to America’s Greatness
I believe I have found within the Scriptures the key to what made America great, and this key can restore her to her former greatness. In Luke 11:52, Jesus5 declared the Pharisees had taken away the key of knowledge and kept others from entering the kingdom. The key of knowledge is Yahweh’s law:
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee … seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God…. (Hosea 4:6)
It was with their man-made traditions that the Pharisees eliminated the key of knowledge:
Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? …[Y]e [have] made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Matthew 15:3-9)
Because the kingdom of Yahweh exists and advances by His laws, it was these same traditions that hindered others from entering and the kingdom from prospering. The commandments of men are also preventing the kingdom from being fully realized today.
Everything good and noble about America can be traced back to the 1600s, when many of the original colonies were governed by the laws of Yahweh. Everything wrong about America can be traced back to 1789 when the States ratified the Constitution. This, of course, runs contrary to everything we’ve been told about the Constitution for more than 220 years. But a lie is still a lie regardless how often it’s told.
It is possible for an idol to become so entrenched in the fabric of society that even the people of God fail to recognize it for what it is and to take steps to get rid of it. Our modern idols are not always easy to detect. They often take the shape of ideas and institutions woven into the warp and woof of our culture.6
History doesn’t lie. Look at America before and since the ratification of the Constitution. Before 1788, America was principally Christian. Since 1788, America has become progressively less Christian in every respect. This alone speaks volumes about the document drafted in 1787 in Philadelphia.
This instrument, which acknowledges no God, knows no church, protects idolatry equally with Christianity, and puts the servants of Satan on the same footing, in all that belongs to political franchises, with the fearers of God, has imbued the churches, to a most lamentable extent, with its own impious principles. Preferring the doctrines of the Constitution to those of the Bible – Washington to Moses, and Jefferson to David, the mass of professors scoff at God’s legislation, embodied in the Mosaic institutions…. There never was a government that has exercised so rapid and fatal an influence over the doctrines, the discipline, and the whole character of the church, as the God-rejecting Constitution of the United States….7
If Yahweh’s kingdom is ever to be fully realized here on earth,8 Americans must recognize and repent of their national idolatry – their love affair with the Godless, Christless, humanistic, and polytheistic promoting Constitution. To identify the Constitution in such a fashion may initially sound unpatriotic and perhaps even treasonous. How can I make such a statement? The answer to this question is found in the Bible, the Constitution itself, and other primary source documents. And by these sources, WE THE PEOPLE and the Constitution – like the Philistine god Dagon in 1 Samuel 5 – collapse before Yahweh and His laws.
Because most Christians have yet to identify the Constitution as one of the prime contributors to America’s problems, the Biblical solution has escaped them. Henry David Thoreau wrote, “There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.”
If you value truth above all else, and if you are willing to sacrifice man’s traditions on the altar of sacred truth – instead of sacrificing truth on the altar of man’s traditions – what you read in the following pages may radically change your beliefs concerning both the Constitution and the Bible.
This book is dedicated first to Yahweh, the one and only God, King, Judge, and Lawgiver, and to Jesus, our one and only Lord and Savior. Secondly, it is dedicated to a future generation of American Christians who will reconstruct society based solely upon Yahweh’s perfect law and altogether righteous judgments. Lord willing, an irrepressible movement will sweep across our country in fulfillment of Jesus’ prayer:
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven…. (Matthew 6:10)
Click Here to Read Chapter 1
Click to order the Bible Law vs. The United States Constitution CDs:
- The e-book (on CD) A Christian Perspective on the U.S. Constitution
- The audio CD The Bible vs. The U.S. Constitution (Pts. 1 & 2)
1. Gary North, Political Polytheism: The Myth of Pluralism (Tyler, TX: Institute for Christian Economics, 1989) p. 551.
2. Not everyone claiming to be a Christian has been properly instructed in the Biblical plan of salvation. Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:36-41, 22:1-16; Romans 6:3-4; Galatians 3:26-27; Colossians 2:11-13; and 1 Peter 3:21 should be studied to understand what is required to be covered by the blood of Jesus and forgiven of your sins. For a more thorough explanation concerning baptism and its relationship to salvation, the book Baptism: All You Wanted to Know and More may be requested from Mission to Israel Ministries, PO Box 248, Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69363, for free.
3. All Scripture is quoted from the King James Version, unless otherwise noted. Portions of Scripture have been omitted for brevity. If you have questions regarding any passage, please study the text to ensure it has been properly used.
4. YHWH (most often pronounced Yahweh) is the English transliteration of the Tetragrammaton, the principal Hebrew name of the God of the Bible. For a more thorough explanation concerning the sacred names of God, “The Third Commandment” may be read online, or the book Thou shalt not take the name of YHWH thy God in vain may be ordered from Mission to Israel Ministries, PO Box 248, Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69363, for a suggested $4 donation.*
5. Yeshua is the English transliteration of our Savior’s given Hebrew name, with which He introduced Himself to the Apostle Paul in Acts 26:14-15. (Jesus is the English transliteration of the Greek Iesous, which is the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew Yeshua.) Because many people are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with Yeshua, I have chosen to use the more familiar name Jesus in this book in order to remove what might otherwise be a stumbling block. For a more thorough explanation concerning the sacred names of God, “The Third Commandment” may be read online, or the book Thou shalt not take the name of YHWH thy God in vain may be ordered from Mission to Israel Ministries, PO Box 248, Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69363, for a suggested $4 donation.*
6. Dennis Oliver Woods, Discipling the Nations: The Government Upon His Shoulder (Franklin, TN: Legacy Communications, 1996) p. 82.
7. “The Constitution and the Church,” Original Covenanter and Contending Witness (Pottstown, PA: 1845), quoted by Reg Barrow in “Debate on the US Constitution: Andrew Sandlin versus Reg Barrow,” January 1997.
8. See Chapter 2 “The Kingdom: Yesterday, Today, and Forever” for Scriptural evidence demonstrating the kingdom is already in existence.
*We are admonished in Matthew 10:8 “freely ye have received, freely give.” Although there is a suggested price for our books, we do not sell them. In keeping with 2 Corinthians 9:7, this ministry is supported by freewill offerings. If you cannot afford the suggested price, inform us of your situation, and we will be pleased to provide you with whatever you need for whatever you can send.
Click Here to Read Chapter 1
Most Recent Article
An Open Response to Martin Selbrede and Archie Jones’ ‘Book Review’ of Bible Law vs. the United States Constitution: The Christian Perspective
Most Recent Message
If Romans 13 is About Secular Government, The Apostle Paul Contradicts Himself
Visit us on:
Visit us on: