Available for a suggested donation of $19.00.
The right of the citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex.
Amendment 19, known as the Equal Rights Amendment (or the Susan B. Anthony Amendment), was introduced in Congress in 1868. It was passed on June 4, 1919, by a vote of 56 to 25, and ratified on August 26, 1920.
If the Constitutional Republic’s exclusive male vote wasn’t bad enough, the women’s vote presents an entirely new set of problems.1 Yahweh2 intends husbands and wives to be one in all areas. Because men generally vote with their heads and women with their hearts, the result is often politically split homes. In Matthew 12:25, Jesus3 warned that such homes will not stand.
When God deals governmentally with the three institutions of society – church, state and family, he always deals with representatives…. This includes elders in the church, magistrates in the state, and husbands in the family. When Eve sinned, God went to Adam as the responsible party. A universal franchise flies in the face of this principle and puts men and women in a potentially confrontive [sic] rather than cooperative relationship.... In early colonial days, the basic governmental unit of the family was given a single vote. The vote was cast by the husband.... Rather than pitting men and women against each other, they found contentment in cooperating within the God-ordained roles assigned to each.4
Ironically, in the lingering aftermath of the women’s liberation movement, politically split homes have become less frequent. Instead, modern homes resemble the travesty found in Jeremiah 44:
Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto other gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying, as for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of YHWH,5 we will not hearken unto thee. But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven…. And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven … did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men? (Jeremiah 44:15-19)6
This narrative begins with both men and women “casting their vote” together. Later, the women have completely taken over speaking for their households, and their “vote” has essentially drowned out the voice of their husbands.
Women Ruling Over Men
Amendment 19 and the women’s vote assisted in neutering American men, just as in Isaiah 3 when, in judgment, Yahweh removed the men from their capacity as leaders and replaced them with women:
For, behold, the Lord, YHWH of hosts, doth take away … the mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient, the captain of fifty, and the honourable man, and the counsellor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator. And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them…. As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths. (Isaiah 3:1-4, 12)
R.J. Rushdoony commented on Isaiah 3:
Without the authority of the family, a society quickly moves into social anarchy. The source of the family’s authority is the father or husband (1 Cor. 11:1-15). The abdication by the father of his authority, or the denial of his authority, leads to the social anarchy described by Isaiah 3:12. Women rule over men; children then gain undue freedom and power and become oppressors of their parents; the emasculated rulers in such a social order lead the people astray and destroy the fabric of society. The end result is social collapse and captivity (Isa. 3:16-26), and a situation of danger and ruin for women, a time of “reproach” or “disgrace,” in which the once independent and feministic women are humbled in their pride and seek the protection and safety of a man…. Isaiah clearly saw the absence of the man’s authority as productive of social chaos.7
Yahweh took away the mighty men because there were no godly men qualified to lead in Judah. Biblical consistency demands it was also because of a scarcity of God-fearing men in Judges 4 that compelled Yahweh to use Deborah to work His sovereign plan and move the men to repentance. Nowhere in Judges 4 and 5 do we find any indication that Yahweh approved of Deborah’s ruling over Israel’s men any more than we do for Queen Athaliah in 2 Kings 11:1-3. Deborah’s tenure must be assessed by what we find in the remainder of the Scriptures. She was an aberration from Yahweh’s patriarchal rule and, at least in principle, a curse to the men of Israel:
The mighty men in Israel failed, they failed until Debbora arose…. (Judges 5:7, LXX)
When coupled with Amendment 14 (which confers citizenship privileges), Amendment 19 inevitably led to women ruling over men as mayors, governors, senators, representatives, speakers of the House, and perhaps presidents. This travesty opposes Yahweh’s patriarchal design:
…thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens: And let them judge the people at all seasons…. (Exodus 18:21-22)
…I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man…. (1 Timothy 2:12)
See also Genesis 3:16; Deuteronomy 1:13-16, 17:15; Proverbs 31:23; 1 Corinthians 6:4-5, 11:3, 14:34; 1 Timothy 3:2; and Titus 1:5-7.
Scripture offers no support for women ruling as judges, elders, priests, or in any other position of authority over man.8 Denying women the right to vote and rule over men does not in any way demean women:
.But the authority of the woman as help-meet is no less real than that of a prime minister to a king; the prime minister is not a slave because he is not king, nor is the woman a slave because she is not a man. The description of a virtuous woman, or a godly wife, in Proverbs 31:10-31 is not of a helpless slave nor a pretty parasite, but rather of a very competent wife, manager, business-woman, and mother – a person of real authority.9
Instead of restoring women to their rightful place of authority beside man, women’s rights became feminism: it put women in competition with men. It led to the masculinization of women and feminization of men, to the unhappiness of both.10
This is a curse upon the land.
…when it comes to civil government, God deals with representatives of the people, not the people as a whole [unless they fail to hold their representing judges accountable for unlawful acts or judgments]. Likewise, in the church he deals with elders … and in the family he deals with the husband. This was the rationale for restricting the vote to male heads of households. The counsel of the wife was highly regarded due to her position as vice-regent within the family, but each covenant household was granted a single vote. That vote was cast by the husband – the covenant head of household – who was governmentally responsible before God.11
How much better it would have been if the framers had precluded elections altogether. Yahweh’s patriarchal system of appointment eliminates both two-headed monstrosities (homes divided between husbands and wives) and one-headed monstrosities (wife-ruled households).
The Liberal Vote
Because women tend to vote with their hearts, Amendment 19 has contributed to America becoming much more liberal than it was before 1920. For example, women tend to vote against capital punishment and for gun control:
Women do consistently vote in a more liberal direction than men, but the differences have decreased over time and are negligible among Northern Democrats.12
Women are not voting more like men; men are voting more like women – shades of Jeremiah 44. Yahweh’s system of appointment eliminates all liberal votes. It does not allow for liberals or, for that matter, even conservatives, but only for Biblically qualified men. (See Chapter Five “Article 2: Executive Usurpation” for a list of Biblical qualifications for leaders.) Amendment 19 conflicts with Yahweh’s patriarchal system. He does not permit women to serve in positions of leadership over men, except as a curse or judgment against men who are no longer mighty in the Lord.
Click Here to Read Chapter 29
Click to order the Bible Law vs. The United States Constitution CDs:
- The e-book (on CD) A Christian Perspective on the U.S. Constitution
- The audio CD The Bible vs. The U.S. Constitution (Pts. 1 & 2)
1. Yahweh’s patriarchal system, whereby male leaders are nominated and then appointed by lot, eliminates any possibility of women leading the nation. See Chapter Five “Article 2: Executive Usurpation,” in which the United States Constitutional Republic’s unbiblical election process is contrasted with Yahweh’s system of appointments by lot.
2. YHWH (most often pronounced Yahweh) is the English transliteration of the Tetragrammaton, the principal Hebrew name of the God of the Bible. For a more thorough explanation concerning the sacred names of God, “The Third Commandment” may be read online, or the book Thou shalt not take the name of YHWH thy God in vain may be ordered from Mission to Israel Ministries, PO Box 248, Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69363, for a suggested $4 donation.*
3. Yeshua is the English transliteration of our Savior’s given Hebrew name, with which He introduced Himself to Paul in Acts 26:14-15. (Jesus is the English transliteration of the Greek Iesous, which is the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew Yeshua.) Because many people are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with Yeshua, I have chosen to use the more familiar Jesus in this book in order to remove what might otherwise be a stumbling block. For a more thorough explanation concerning the use of the sacred names of God, “The Third Commandment” may be read online, or Thou shalt not take the name of YHWH thy God in vain may be ordered from Mission to Israel Ministries, PO Box 248, Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69363, for a suggested $4 donation.*
4. Dennis Oliver Woods, “Governor Sarah Palin and the Biblical Role of Women,” America Betrayed, http://www.america-betrayed-1787.com/index.html.
5. Where the Tetragrammaton (YHWH) – the four Hebrew characters that represent the personal name of God – has been unlawfully rendered the LORD or GOD in English translations, I have taken the liberty to correct this error by inserting YHWH where appropriate. For a more thorough explanation concerning the use of the names of God, “The Third Commandment” may be read online, or the book Thou shalt not take the name of YHWH thy God in vain may be ordered from Mission to Israel Ministries, PO Box 248, Scottsbluff, Nebraska, 69363, for a suggested $4 donation.*
6. All Scripture is quoted from the King James Version, unless otherwise noted. Portions of Scripture have been omitted for brevity. If you have questions regarding any passage, please study the Biblical text to ensure it has been properly used.
7. Rousas John Rushdoony, The Institutes of Biblical Law (The Presbyterian and Reformed Publishing Company, 1973) pp. 200-01.
8. When, in Numbers 12, Aaron and Miriam challenged Moses’ authority, only Miriam was struck with leprosy.
9. Rushdoony, p. 164.
10. Ibid., p. 351.
11. Dennis Oliver Woods, Discipling the Nations: The Government Upon His Shoulder (Franklin, TN: Legacy Communications, 1996) p. 154.
12. Susan Welch, “Are Women More Liberal than Men in the U.S. Congress,” JSTOR, http://www.jstor.org/pss/440119.
*We are admonished in Matthew 10:8 “freely ye have received, freely give.” Although we have a suggested a price for our books, we do not sell them. In keeping with 2 Corinthians 9:7, this ministry is supported by freewill offerings. If you cannot afford the suggested price, inform us of your situation, and we will be pleased to provide you with whatever you need for whatever you can send.
Click Here to Read Chapter 29
Most Recent Article
An Open Response to Martin Selbrede and Archie Jones’ ‘Book Review’ of Bible Law vs. the United States Constitution: The Christian Perspective
Most Recent Message
By Grace Alone
Visit us on: