Available for a suggested donation of $10.00.
The people most likely to read this book are, in all probability, the main characters in this biblical mystery. However, because the gentiles in the Bible are usually misidentified, it is inevitable that today’s descendants of those same gentiles are also misidentified. In other words, yesterday’s muddy waters have become today’s muddy waters.
On the other hand, if a person correctly identifies the gentiles in the Bible, it is relatively simple to identify their descendants. Certain gentiles in the Bible have been identified as Israelites, which means that the descendants of those same peoples must be Israelites as well. More to the point, people of Celtic, Germanic, Scandinavian and Anglo-Saxon descent have always considered themselves to be the descendants of the biblical gentiles. The evidence reveals that these gentiles are the scattered peoples of the house of Israel; therefore, today’s Celto-Saxons and related peoples must be Israelites.
Either the Celto-Saxon peoples comprise Israel or Yahweh has not been true to His Word. Yahweh vowed that He would have a relationship with the Israelites forever:
…thou hast confirmed to thyself thy people Israel to be a people unto thee for ever: and thou, Yahweh, art become their God. - 2 Samuel 7:24
This relationship under the New Covenant was prophesied to be with both houses of Israel:
Behold, the days come, saith Yahweh, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt…. Thus saith Yahweh, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar…. If those ordinances depart from before me, saith Yahweh, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. Thus saith Yahweh; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done…. - Jeremiah 31:31-37
The sun continues to rule by day and the moon by night. The heavens have yet to be fully measured and the earth completely searched out beneath. In Proverbs 25:3, King Solomon informs us that the heaven for height, and the earth for depth are in fact unsearchable. The following two commentaries recognized Yahweh’s enduring relationship with the Israelites:
In order to give good security that the promise of a new covenant would be fulfilled, the Lord, in [Jeremiah 31] v. 35 f., points to the everlasting duration of the arrangements of nature, and declares that, if this order of nature were to cease, then Israel also would cease to be a people before Him; i.e., the continuance of Israel as the people of God shall be like the laws of nature.90
To underscore Israel’s permanence because of this New Covenant, God compared her existence to that of the heavens and the earth. As God had appointed the sun to shine by day and the moon and stars to shine by night (cf. Gen 1:14-19), so He had appointed Israel as His chosen nation. It would take a feat as fabulous as making these natural decrees vanish from nature to make Israel ... cease to be a nation. The power God displayed in creating the universe was the power that He exercises in preserving Israel as a nation…. The New Covenant was made with Israel (Jer 31:31,33) just as the Mosaic Covenant had been (v. 32). One key element of the New Covenant is the preservation of Israel as a nation (vv. 35-37)…. In addition to a new beginning God promised to make a New Covenant with His people. This New Covenant was expressly for the house of Israel (the Northern Kingdom) and the house of Judah (the Southern Kingdom).91
Jamieson, Fausset and Brown attempted to expand the application of Jeremiah 31 to include non-Israelite gentiles by misapplying Romans 11. Nevertheless, they agreed that the New Covenant was made with Israel and Judah:
The new covenant is made with literal Israel and Judah, not with the spiritual Israel, i.e., believers, except secondarily, and as grafted on the stock of Israel (Rom 11:16-27). For the whole subject of Jer 30 and 31 is the restoration of the Hebrews (Jer 30:4, 7, 10, 18; 31:7, 10-11, 23-24, 27, 36).92
Yahweh is always true to His Word. Just as He promised, He has made the New Covenant with Israelites. Take a globe and draw circles around the land masses in which true Christianity has flourished for the last two millennia, and you will find that your circles encompass those nations primarily composed of Celtic, Germanic, Scandinavian, Anglo-Saxon and kindred peoples.
Over the last two thousand years, it has been predominantly Celto-Saxons who have embraced New Covenant Christianity and who have been the most responsive to Yeshua’s (Jesus’ given Hebrew name) call to salvation. Other nations would be oblivious to Christianity had it not been for the Celto-Saxons’ proliferation of the gospel message.
It is another little-known biblical fact that the Assyrians took captive the majority of the Judahites along with the house of Israel and that they, too, were subsequently dispersed among the nations:
And it came to pass in the fourth year of king Hezekiah [of the house of Judah] … that Shalmaneser king of Assyria came up against Samaria [capital of the house of Israel], and besieged it. And at the end of three years … Samaria was taken. And the king of Assyria did carry away Israel unto Assyria, and put them in Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes…. Now in the fourteenth year of king Hezekiah did Sennacherib king of Assyria come up against all the fenced cities of Judah, and took them. - 2 Kings 18:9-13
It is important to note that the majority of the Judahites were taken captive by the Assyrians, not by the Babylonians. Approximately one hundred and forty years later, the remaining Judahites were taken captive by the Babylonians. They were described by King Hezekiah in 2 Kings 19:4 as “the remnant that are left.” It was this remnant of Judahites and their descendants who were preserved to set the stage in the Holy Land for the coming of Yeshua the Messiah.
James addressed his epistle to all twelve tribes scattered in the same general area thus verifying the dispersion of Judah with Israel. Consequently, some of today’s gentiles are descended not only from the house of Israel, but also from the house of Judah.
Armed with this information, it should come as no surprise that the majority of today’s Jews, who admit in their encyclopedias, almanacs and other literature that they are not genetic descendants of either the house of Israel or the house of Judah, do not fit the biblical marks of the nation of Israel. In fact, today’s Jews often epitomize the antithesis of those marks.
For example, Yahweh promised that one tribe of Abraham’s offspring through Jacob Israel would become “a great nation,” and another tribe would become “a company of nations.” Today’s Jews do not fulfill these prophecies. During the past 2,100 years, they have been neither a great nation nor a multitude of nations. However, these two biblical marks, along with every other biblical mark of Israel, fit the Celtic, Germanic, Scandinavian, Anglo-Saxon and kindred nations:
- Israel was to become a vast multitude of people (Genesis 13:16; 15:5; 22:17; 24:60; 26:4, 24; 28:3, 14; 32:12; 48:14-16; Isaiah 49:19-20).
- Israel was to become a great and mighty nation (Genesis 12:1-3; 18:18; Deuteronomy 4:7-8; 26:19).
- Israel was to become a multitude of nations (Genesis 17:4-6, 15-16; 26:24; 35:10-11; 48:19).
- Israel was to rule over other nations (Deuteronomy 15:6; 28:13).
- Israel was to be feared by all nations (Deuteronomy 2:25; 33:29; Jeremiah 33:8-9).
- Israel was to be a blessing to all nations (Genesis 12:2-3; 18:18; 22:18; 28:14).
- Israel was to be gathered from remote countries, coasts and islands (Isaiah 49:1-3; 51:4-5; Jeremiah 31:7-10).
- Israel was to colonize and spread abroad (Genesis 28:14; Deuteronomy 33:17; Psalm 2:8; Isaiah 26:15; 27:6; 49:19-20; 54:2-3; Zechariah 10:8-9).
- Israel was to find native inhabitants diminishing before her (Deuteronomy 28:1-13; 33:17; Isaiah 60:12).
- Israel was to have a new home (2 Samuel 7:10; 1 Chronicles 17:9; Psalm 2:8; Isaiah 49:19-20; Ezekiel 11:15; 34:13, 29).
- Israel’s new land was to have great agricultural wealth (Genesis 27:28; Deuteronomy 28:8-11; 33:13-16, 28).
- Israel was to have a new religion and was to be saved by Yahweh (Deuteronomy 33:29; Isaiah 43:1-3; 45:17; 49:25-26; 59:20; Jeremiah 31:7, 31-37; 50:20; Ezekiel 34:11-16; 37:26-28; Micah 7:14-20; Matthew 1:12; 2:6; 10:5-7; 15:24; Luke 16:77; Acts 5:31; 13:23-24; Romans 9:4, 27; 11:26; Hebrews 8:7-9).
- Israel was to recognize Yahweh as her God (Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 37:16-23; Hebrews 8:8-11).
- Israel was to recognize Yeshua as her Savior (Psalm 74:1-2; Isaiah 53:6; Jeremiah 31:10-11; 50:6-17; Ezekiel 34:11-16, 23-24, 30-31; Micah 7:14-15; Matthew 10:6; 15:24; John 10:11, 27; 1 Peter 1:1; 2:25).
- Israel was to possess Yahweh’s Holy Spirit (Isaiah 44:1-3; 59:20-21; Ezekiel 37:11-14; Haggai 2:5; Acts 2:36-39).
- Israel was to have a new heart and spirit and be born anew (Deuteronomy 30:6; Ezekiel 11:19-20; 36:24-27).
- Israel was to be given Yahweh’s laws, commandments, statutes and judgments (Deuteronomy 28:45-46; 33:4; Psalm 78:5-7; 147:19-20; Isaiah 59:21; Jeremiah 31:31-33; Ezekiel 11:19-20; 36:25-27; Romans 9:3-4; Hebrews 8:8-10; 10:16).
- Israel was to have an inner awareness of biblical morality (Hebrews 8:8-10).
These marks do not fit today’s Jews. It is true that some of these biblical characteristics fit other nations, but as an aggregate they fit only the Celto-Saxon and kindred nations.*
*God’s Covenant People: Yesterday, Today and Forever by Ted R. Weiland provides a documented dissertation identifying Israel with today’s Celtic, Germanic, Scandinavian, Anglo-Saxon and kindred peoples. Over 30 biblical characteristics of the people of Israel are provided whereby the Celto-Saxons are contrasted with today’s Jews.93
Many Jews recognize that they are neither Israelites nor even Judahites, and some acknowledge who true Israel is today:
Moses Guibbory, 1943
…the daughters of the ten tribes of Israel (Anglo-Saxon female missionaries)….94
Alfred Lilienthal, 1953
Here’s a paradox, a paradox, a most ingenious paradox: an anthropological fact, many Christians may have much more Hebrew-Israelite blood in their veins than most of their Jewish neighbors.95
Harry Golden, 1967
Isaiah, the prophet, wrote that the remnant of Yahweh’s people would be found in the “isles of the sea.” Isn’t it reasonable this remnant may be the people of the British Isles?
…As they [the ten tribes of the house of Israel] made their way across Europe, they left indelible evidence of their journey…. These were the fellows who emigrated to the next island and came to call themselves Scotsmen….96
Alfred Lilienthal, 1985
Many [modern-day Jews] of whom have clamored to go back [to Palestine] never had antecedents in that part of the world. Many who do not want to go back have had a better claim. [Great Britain’s] Queen Victoria herself belonged to an Israelite society that traced its membership back to the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel.97
Ed Koch, 1987
The 10 lost tribes of Israel we believe ended up in Ireland.98
Yair Davidy, 1994
…most of the ancient Israelites assimilated to foreign cultures and forgot their origins. In the course of time they reached the British Isles and north-west Europe whence related nations (such as the U.S.A.) were founded.99
…most of the ancient Israelites were exiled and lost their identity … their descendants are to be found mainly amongst the “Gentile” peoples of North America, Northwest Europe, Australasia and South Africa…. These claims are not far-fetched. They are supported by Biblical, Historical, and other evidence much of which is, in effect, even recognized by the academic world, which simply has not sufficiently co-related the information in its possession and not drawn the necessary conclusions from the proof it already acknowledges.100
The Israelites were transported en masse firstly mainly to areas in northern Mesopotamia and to Hara and from those regions they later moved northward into “Scythia” … whence they migrated in several waves to the extreme north and west of Europe from which their descendants settled North America, Australasia, and South Africa.101
The Assyrian cuneiform tablets reveal that the Assyrians called the Israelites Khumri.102 The Babylonians called the Israelites Gimirri, and the Persians called them Saka. George Rawlinson (1812-1902), English historian and translator of the History of Herodotus, confirmed the genetic affinity of these people and linked the Khumri, the Gimirri, the Cimmerians and the Sacae or Scythians (the progenitors of the Saxons) with the ten tribes of Israel:
The Sacae or Scythians, who were termed Gimirri by their Semitic neighbours, first appear in the cuneiform inscriptions as a substantive people under [the Assyrian King] Esar-Haddon [son of Sennacherib] in about 684 BC.103
We have reasonable grounds for regarding the Gimirri, or Cimmerians, who first appeared on the confines of Assyria and Media in the seventh century BC, and the Sacae of the Behistun Rock, nearly two centuries later, as identical with the Beth-Khumree of Samaria, or the Ten Tribes of the House of Israel….104
Even The Jewish Encyclopedia comments upon the connection between the descendants of the house of Israel and the Sacae:
If the Ten Tribes have disappeared, the literal fulfillment of the prophecies would be impossible; if they have not disappeared, obviously they must exist under a different name. …the Sacae, or Scythians, who, again, were the Lost Ten Tribes…. The identification of the Sacae, or Scythians, with the Ten Tribes because they appear in history at the same time, and very nearly in the same place, as the Israelites removed by Shalmaneser [king of Assyria], is one of the chief supports of the theory which identifies the English people, and indeed the whole Teutonic race, with the Ten Tribes.105
Omri, Kuhumri, Gamera, Kimmeraii, Cimmertians, Ceythians, Scythians, Iskuza, Saka, Sacae, Sakka, Sakasone, Sakaii, as well as other names, identified the Israelites in their banishment and continued migrations. As these people migrated north and west into Europe and elsewhere, they became known as Celts, Lombards, Goths, Visigoths, Ostrogoths, Normans, Belgai, Norsemen, Northmen, Vikings, Danes, Germani, Teutones, Angles, Saxons and others. Eventually these peoples became Germans, Anglo-Saxons, Scots, Swedes and Scandinavians.
These Celto-Saxons – usually considered gentiles – are today’s Israelites. Yahweh has been true to His Word:
There failed not ought of any good thing which Yahweh had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass. - Joshua 21:45
Yahweh did not fail in His promises to Israel at the time of Joshua nor has He failed them now. A person does not need to manipulate the words of Yahweh’s prophecies to find their fulfillment in the New Testament and in the peoples of the world today.
It is time for each of us to answer the same question the Apostle Paul asked King Agrippa in Acts 26:27, “Believest thou the prophets?”
Chapter 8 Table of Contents Chapter 10
90. C.F. Keil and F. Delitzsch, “The Prophecies of Jeremiah,” Commentary on the Old Testament (Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 1973) Volume VIII, p. 41.
91. Bible Knowledge Commentary (c) 1983, 2000 Cook Communications Ministries.
92. Robert Jamieson, A.R. Fausset and David Brown, A Commentary Critical, Experimental and Practical on the Old and New Testaments (Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdman’s Publishing Co. 1967) Volume IV, p. 109.
93. Most of God’s Covenant People may be read online, or it may be ordered in its entirety from Mission to Israel Ministries, PO Box 248, Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69363 for a suggested donation of $14.*
94. Moses Guibbory, The Bible in the Hands of Its Creators; Biblical Facts As They Are, translated from Hebrew by David Horowitz (Jerusalem and New York: The Polygon Press, Inc., 1943) p. 1881.
95. Alfred M. Lilienthal, What Price Israel (Chicago, IL: Henry Regnery Company, 1953) p. 223.
96. Harry Lewis Golden, “Only in America: The 10 Lost Tribes,” Heritage Southwest Jewish Press, 20 April 1967, Volume 5727, No. 31, pp. 1, 34.
97. Dr. Alfred M. Lilienthal, Middle East Terror - The Double Standard: Address (Washington, DC: The 30th Anniversary Fund, Phi Beta Kappa Association, 1985) p. 5.
98. New York City Mayor Ed Koch, quoted by Richard Drew in “Begorra, it’s Mr. Mayor,” Picture of the Week, U.S. News and World Report, 30 March 1987, p. 7.
99. Yair Davidy, The Tribes (Hebron, Israel: Russel-Davis Publishers, 1994) p. xiv.
100. Davidy, pp. 1-2.
101. Davidy, p. 7.
102. Missing Links Discovered in Assyrian Tablets, by E. Raymond Capt, may be ordered from Mission to Israel Ministries, PO Box 248, Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69363 for a suggested $10 donation.*
103. George Rawlinson, History of Herodotus, Book VII, p. 378, quoted by J.S. Brooks in a pamphlet entitled The Mystery of the Missing Bible Tribes, The Real Diaspora, p. 6.
104. George Rawlinson, History of Herodotus, Book VII, p. 378, quoted by J.S. Brooks in “Appendix 3: The Persian Monument,” The Story of Celto-Saxon Israel by W.H. Bennett, (Rochester Hills, MI: CBIA – The Servant People, 2002) p. 151.
105. “Tribes, Lost Ten,” The Jewish Encyclopedia (New York & London: Funk and Wagnalls Company, 1904) Volume XII, pp. 249-250.
*We are admonished in Matthew 10:8 “freely ye have received, freely give.” Although there is a suggested price for our books, we do not sell them. In keeping with 2 Corinthians 9:7, this ministry is supported by freewill offerings. If you cannot afford the suggested price, inform us of your situation, and we will be pleased to provide you with whatever you need for whatever you can send.